Drive & Impact Anchors
For Greater DiscountsRequest Custom Quote
A drive anchor is a type of permanentanchorthat is specially designed for fastening to solid concrete, brick, block, and stone. Also known as a drive impact anchor, hammer drive anchor, or split drive anchor, this one-piece fastener is inserted through the fixture being anchored and into a pre-drilled hole in the base surface. As the drive anchor is driven in, pre-expanded halves at its base compress to provide continuous pressure against the concrete. This pressure, exerted against the sides of the hole, keeps the split drive concrete anchor in place.
How to Install A Drive Impact Anchor
Drive anchors are designed for installation in solid concrete, and can also be used with block, brick, and stone. Intended for light-duty applications, hammer drive anchors are easy to install using an easy, three-step process.
- Drill a hole in the base material. Drill size is equal to anchor diameter.
- Clear the hole of debris.
- Insert the anchor through the fixture and into the hole, then strike with a hammer.
Split Drive Anchor Options
Denali Industrial Supply stocks drive anchors in 3/16”, 1/4”, and 3/8” diameters, and in a variety of standard lengths from 3/4” to 10”. Carbon steel, galvanized steel, and zinc plated steel split drive anchors are available in flat head and mushroom head styles.
- Carbon Steel Drive Anchors:Uncoated steel hammer drive anchors are strong and durable, but more prone to corrosion than galvanized or zinc plated drive anchors.
- Galvanized Drive Anchors:A galvanized coating provides superior corrosion resistance, making these drive anchors ideal for outdoor applications and marine/coastal environments.
- Zinc Plated Drive Anchors:Zinc plating provides enhanced corrosion resistance, as well as a distinct gold or silver shine. Good for outdoor applications, but not recommended for marine environments.
- Flat Head Drive Anchors:Also called a countersunk head, a flat head provides a flush surface when installed.
- Mushroom Head Drive Anchors:Also called a truss head, a mushroom head feature a larger diameter and a rounded top.
Contact Us for Drive Anchors & More
With locations in Anchorage and Fairbanks, Denali Industrial Supply is one of Alaska’s largest suppliers of split drive concrete anchors. Order today,request a quote, orcontact usfor the drive anchors you need.